- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
Cellular Automata Asset For Houdini – Game of Life
- Reviews (0)
- Questions & Answers (1)
A cellular automaton is model studied in computer science,
mathematics, physics, or theoretical biology, that help
us to visualize evolving patterns based on simpe rules of
life and death.
Game of life is the most famous cellular automaton: and it works like this:
The universe of the Game of Life is an infinite, two-dimensional grid of square cells, each of which is in one of two possible states, alive or dead, (or populated and unpopulated, respectively). Every cell interacts with its eight neighbours, which are the cells that are horizontally, vertically, or diagonally adjacent. At each step in time, the following transitions occur:
- Any live cell with fewer than two live neighbours dies, as if by underpopulation.
- Any live cell with two or three live neighbours lives on to the next generation.
- Any live cell with more than three live neighbours dies, as if by overpopulation.
- Any dead cell with exactly three live neighbours becomes a live cell, as if by reproduction.
or more simple : Birth = 3 , Survive = 2,3
There are 218 = 262,144 possible Life-like rules, only a small fraction of which have been studied in any detail. The present could simulate all of them
Help Video here: https://vimeo.com/352699014
Questions and answers of the customers
Q As an intermediate Houdini student, you think it's possible to understand and learn how exactly y... answer nowAsked by September 20, 2019 12:14onAnswered by the admin
You definitly will understand how the asset was made by buying it, as you have full access to the nodes, parameters, attributes and vex code how it was created. We maybe also release a tutorial on that one for people, who want to learn it from scratch. But yes, the asset give also an awesome isight in its creation :)